USCA 2014 HRSA Presentations
USCA 2014 HRSA Presentations
HRSA's HIV/AIDS Bureau and Ryan White programs are taking part in multiple sessions at USCA 2014, October 2-5 in San Diego. Listed below are HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau and Ryan White provider workshops, plenaries, listening sessions and posters address ACA, changes in federal programs, integrated planning, the Minority AIDS Initiative and more.
See also AIDS.Gov Updates from USCA2014
- HRSA Workshop: Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Capacity Building Assistance (Antigone Dempsey, Steven Young, Harold Phillips)
- Federal Plenary Session: Federal Programs and the Changing Landscape of HIV/AIDS (Laura Cheever (HRSA), Douglas Brooks (ONAP), Eugene McCray (CDC), Gina Brown (NIH)
- HRSA Seminar: Ryan White Moving Forward and ACA Implementation (Laura Cheever, Antigone Dempsey, Harold Phillips)
- Invited Plenary for Seminar: Minority AIDS Initiative (MAI): 15 Years Later- What's Been Achieved? What Are The Ongoing Barriers to Success?" (National Black Women's HIV/AIDS Network, Inc., National Black Gay Men's Advocacy Coalition, and Harold Phillips (HRSA))
- HRSA/CDC Workshop: Range of Integrated HIV Planning Activities (Angel Ortiz Ricard (CDC), Harold Phillips (HRSA))
- HRSA Workshop: HIV Care Continuum and Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Services (Laura Cheever, Steven Young, Harold Phillips)
HAB Training & TA Provider Sessions
- AETC Session: Behavioral Health in HIV Care: Maximizing Care Capacity and Engagement (Fran Cournos, Karen McKinnon, Daria Boccher-Lattimore, John Nelson: NY/NY AETC, AETC NRC). Includes Program Readiness to Incorporate Comprehensive Mental Health Care in the HIV Primary Care Setting (Nelson)
- AETC Session: Training Providers to Keep Highly Mobile HIV-Infected Patients in Continuous Care across and between Borders (Thomas Donohoe; Alyssa Bittenbender; Nicolé Mandel; Kiesha McCurtis; Tracy Jungwirth: Pacific AETC, Mountain-Plains AETC, Texas/Oklahoma AETC, AETC NRC)
- TA Provider Session: ACA Outreach and Enrollment Assistance to PLWH: Lessons from the First Year and Looking Ahead (Amy Killelea (NASTAD), John Peller (HIV Health Reform), Juli Powers, Stewart Landers (JSI))
- AETC Session: ACA and HIV: Experiences Providing Training and Technical Assistance to More Than 300 U.S.-Mexico Border Providers (Thomas Donohoe; Kiesha McCurtis)
- TA Provider Session: Everything You Want to Know About the Affordable Care Act, but Haven’t Gotten to Ask (Robert Greenwald (Harvard Law School), Amy Killelea (NASTAD), Andrea Weddle (IDSA), Mira Levinson (HRSA/HAB ACE TA Center))
- Grantee Poster: Empowering Ryan White Service Providers with Data: Implementing a Web-based Tool to Validate and Generate Client-level Data for Federal Reporting. Authors: Julia Cohen; Jacinthe Thomas; Mary Irvine; Emily Alexy; Jesse Thomas. Affiliations: New York City Dept. of Health & Mental Hygiene and RDE Systems LLC.
- Grantee Poster: Empowering Ryan White Service Providers with Data: Implementing a Web-based Tool - A Technology Perspective (eCOMPAS RSR Module). Jesse Thomas. Affiliation: RDE Systems LLC.
- Grantee Poster: Promise & Paradox of PrEP: High Acceptability, Low Uptake of PrEP Among High-Risk MSM Using Mobile Dating Applications in New York City. Authors: Kimberleigh Smith, Viraj Patel, Sherry Estabrook, Sarit Golub for the New York City Task Force.