If you've searched this site and still can't find what you're looking for, we're here to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What assistance is available to Ryan White grantees and planning councils?
The HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau helps Ryan White grantees and planning councils with a number of assistance programs. All grantees are assigned a HRSA/HAB project officer to help them navigate Federal requirements and access specialized assistance.
Current technical assistance programs are designed to help with quality improvement, fiscal management, clinical care, cultural competency, capacity development for low-volume providers, ADAP, and patient-centered medical homes. In addition, HRSA/HAB contracts with expert consultants across the country who are available to help grantees address particular challenges not address by other programs.
- What's on the TARGET Center website?
The TARGET Center is one of several resources that Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program grantees will find useful in carrying out their work. The tools, webcasts, trainings, and other resources on this site were developed to help programs with clinical care, fiscal management, data reporting, planning, consumer involvement, and much more. See the New to this Site overview.
- How are TA resources (e.g., guidelines, protocols, best practices, toolkits) organized on this site?
The best place to start is to look on the Topics pages. Information is also catalogued by Parts A-F, Population, Author, Date, and more. Try the search engine if you're looking for something specific. We've tried to establish many trails to the same point, to accomodate different styles of navigation.
- How can I get on-site technical assistance (TA)?
On-site TA is primarily for Ryan White grantees and planning councils, and is provided by peers and other consultants. Requests for TA must be submitted through your HRSA/HAB project officer, who is generally the first point-of-contact in discussing TA requests and determining how to proceed.
- Where can I learn about upcoming training opportunities?
See the TA Calendar for training events and other activities, such as webcasts and teleconferences.
- How can the Help Desk help?
Help Desk staff can help you locate resources that you can't find online, and steer you in the right direction in finding TA and training for Ryan White agencies. Contact the Help Desk online or at (301) 443-2611.
- How do I share a resource with others?
Use the online form and post your tool, best practice, protocol, or idea. We will work with you and your project officer to get it online.
- Who can I contact about a concern (e.g., a grants issue, a challenging situation)??
Ryan White grantees should contact their HRSA/HAB project officers with questions and concerns. Part A planning councils should contact their Part A Grantee, while Part B planning bodies and consortia should contact their Part B grantee or local designee.
- What are the basic requirements for Ryan White grantees?
- How can I find health care services?
HealthCare.Gov presents private insurance plans, public programs and community services available, based upon where you live, and explains new health insurance options under the Affordable Care Act. You can also go to the HIV/AIDS Locator to find all medical care, HIV test locations, housing, and other services tailored to persons living with HIV/AIDS.
TARGET Center staff will respond to online inquiries within two working days.
TA programs to assist grantees with administrative, fiscal, technical, and clinical concerns. Please choose a program below:
New to the Center
- Browse our Library with hundreds of practical tools that can help Ryan White Programs to succeed
- Check out our Calendar of upcoming training and technical assistance events
- Follow our Blog for inspiring profiles of the people and programs of Ryan White
- Read our News feed with important announcements
- Browse our Grantee database with web and social media links
- Learn what about What's Out There and how to be a Be a Super User