Program Managers & Administrators
Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program program managers are responsible for delivering quality HIV care in accordance with legislative and program requirements (e.g., care standards, data management, fiscal operations). Planning bodies must understand the trends of HIV in their states, regions, cities, and towns. HRSA's commitment to grantees to to make expectations as clear as possible, and to provide tools and support to meet them. This website catalogs resources developed by HRSA, technical assistance (TA) providers, contractors, and grantees. Please use them freely, reach out to your project officer and other TA providers, and, importantly, share your own tools with your peers across the country.
The basics for grant and program managers
- New the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program? Watch this online module, explore Living History, and see the HRSA/HAB website for program fact sheets and more.
- Program Parts - are you A, B, C, D, F or all of the above? These pages bring together information targeted to the Ryan White program part(s) that support your work.
TA and training priorities
- AIDS Drug Assistance Programs - see how ADAP is filling gaps in access to medications and health coverage
- Data and Reporting - whether you are new to this field or an old pro, there are people and resources prepared to help you meet HRSA's reporting requirements.
- Fiscal Management - tools on contracting, managing program income and expenses, and more.
- Health Care Reform - learn about adjusting to change in many areas: enrolling clients in health coverage, contracting with payers and adjusting agency operations.
- Planning - these resources cover all aspects of Ryan White planning and coordination.
- Quality Management - HRSA's standards and tools and resources to measure and improve performance.
Guidelines and Manuals
HRSA HIV/AIDS BureauSeptember 2016
Explanation of reporting requirements, definitions of required data, and instructions about how to report in the RSR.
HRSA HIV/AIDS BureauMarch 2016
AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) legislative and program requirements, contract management, management strategies.
U.S. Department of Health and Human ServicesSeptember 2015
Federal guidelines for treatment of HIV/AIDS and related conditions and for prevention-related topics such as perinatal transmission, workplace exposures, non-occupational exposures, routine HIV testing, and others.
HRSA HIV/AIDS BureauFebruary 2015
Manual for Part B Program Directors, staff and others, to serve as an orientation guide, reference document on legislative and program requirements and a tool in managing fiscal and program components.
HRSA HIV/AIDS BureauApril 2014
This manual was developed to provide clinicians with ready access to practical, current, treatment information so that they may provide quality care to people living with HIV.
HRSA HIV/AIDS BureauNovember 2013Performance measures to help Ryan White HIV/AIDS programs monitor and improve the quality of care they deliver.
HRSA HIV/AIDS BureauJune 2013
Manual for Ryan White Part A grantees and planning bodies on administration of their programs.
HRSA HIV/AIDS BureauOctober 2015This project traces the history of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program, the largest federal program focused on HIV/AIDS care, featuring a timeline, the legislation, video and audio insights and more.