Consumers and Community
The Ryan White program is dedicated to providing the best care to people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA). This website has lots of resources to help health care professionals do their best jobs. For you, the consumer, the Ryan White program relies on your involvement in planning councils, advisory boards, and peer programs. The consumer perspective helps to keep this program on the right track.
But the most important role for you is to take care of your health. This means keeping appointments, taking medications, and asking for help and support from friends, family, and professionals like physicians, nurses, case managers and counselors.
Staying in care
- Consumers should work with their trusted HIV/AIDS care team to learn about health insurance coverage options under the Affordable Care Act. Learn more about health care reform and enrollment in new coverage options.
- The Partners in+care campaign is a program that asks consumers to take a pledge to stay in care. We know that people who stay connected to their clinics and take their medications are healthier over time, and we want you to be healty.
Topics for consumers
- Patient Education Materials - links to some online libraries explanations of HIV treatments and related conditions
- Consumer Advisory Boards - how to set up and improve a consumer advisory board
- Peer Programs - train patients and community members to support other patients
- Consumer Involvement - information on ways for consumers to engage in Ryan White planning and in care teams