Providing quality care to people living with HIV/AIDS is the mission of the Ryan White program. Most Ryan White clinics use a multidisciplinary team approach where clinicians (e.g., physicians, nurses, physicians assistants) work with other staff and consumers to ensure that patients receive care and support. The resources on this website, and the support provided by HRSA training and technical assistance, can help clinicians keep abreast of complex and evolving standards in order to provide high quality care to their patients.
Topics for clinicians
- Medical Services - outpatient medical care, antiretroviral therapy, adherence, substance abuse, mental health, pediatrics, hepatitis, TB, testing, prevention, oral health, and other important topics in providing clinical care.
- Support Services - include housing support and other essential "wrap-around" programs that enhance the delivery of medical care. Case management services, including medical case management, help bring it all together.
- Quality Management - HRSA's standards and tools and resources to measure and improve performance.
- Cultural Competency, and Population-specific Resources - the insights and models listed in this area will help providers to tailor programs that are supportive of their patient populations.
- Engagement in Care - keeping patients in care extends their lives. Learn about proven, and exploratory, strategies to link patients to services and keep them in care.
Guidelines and Manuals
U.S. Department of Health and Human ServicesApril 2015
Federal guidelines for treatment of HIV/AIDS and related conditions and for prevention-related topics such as perinatal transmission, workplace exposures, non-occupational exposures, routine HIV testing, and others.
HRSA HIV/AIDS BureauApril 2014
This manual was developed to provide clinicians with ready access to practical, current, treatment information so that they may provide quality care to people living with HIV.
HRSA HIV/AIDS BureauNovember 2013Performance measures to help Ryan White HIV/AIDS programs monitor and improve the quality of care they deliver.
Webinars and Training
AETC National Resource CenterJuly 2014
Table that links HAB's performance indicators to an array of clinician training resources developed by HRSA programs, including the AETC Network, providing a starting point for faculty as they develop trainings around these indicators.
AETC National Resource CenterJanuary 2014
Clinical education/training resources and patient education materials from the HRSA AETC network.
HRSA HIV/AIDS BureauApril 2015This project traces the history of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program, the largest federal program focused on HIV/AIDS care, featuring a timeline, the legislation, video and audio insights and more.
Clinician Consultation CenterMay 2014
This AETC clinical training program provides expert clinical consultation in HIV/AIDS management, post-exposure prophylaxis, perinatal HIV/AIDS, and HIV testing.