Planning CHATT (Community HIV/AIDS Technical Assistance and Training) builds the capacity of Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) Part A Planning Councils/Planning Bodies (PC/B) across the country to meet legislative requirements, strengthen consumer engagement, and increase the involvement of community stakeholders/providers in HIV service delivery planning. CHATT is a HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau three-year training and technical assistance cooperative agreement (July 2017-June 2020) with JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc. and their partners. JSI has partnered with EGM Consulting, LLC (EGMC).
TA and Training Services
Planning CHATT will provide an array of T/TA to RWHAP recipients, jurisdictional leadership, and support staff through various approaches including materials, webinars, and sharing of peer-based best practices.
First Year of Planning CHATT
During its first year, Planning CHATT will:
- Conduct a national needs assessment for PC/B staff, members, and Part A grant recipients to understand their TA and training needs and inform future Planning CHATT training and TA offerings.
- Identify promising practices that can be used to improve PC/B functions, operations, and achievement of legislative responsibilities.
- Collect TA resources and update key planning tools and training materials.
- Offer foundational webinars to share practical approaches and address common challenges.
- Share existing resources via a searchable, user-friendly, and comprehensive library.
- Create a community of PC/B members, staff, and Part A grant recipients to exchange practical knowledge.
Sign up for our mailing list to receive periodic updates from Planning CHATT, including strategies, tools, and training to support RWHAP Part A Planning Councils/Planning Bodies.
Christopher La Rose
JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc.
HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau