Oral Health Training Manual Notes
Oral Health Training Manual Notes
HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau
- Office of the Surgeon General. Oral Health in America: A Report of the Surgeon General. Washington, DC: 2000. pp. 33–59. Available at: http://www2.nidcr.nih.gov/sgr/sgrohweb/home.htm.
- Office of the Surgeon General. Oral Health in America: A Report of the Surgeon General. Washington, DC: 2000. pp. 155–188. Available at: www2.nidcr.nih.gov/sgr/sgrohweb/home.htm.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Healthypeople.gov. Available at: www.healthypeople.gov/2020/LHI/oralHealth.aspx.
- HHS. Healthypeople.gov. Available at: www.healthypeople.gov/2020/LHI/oralHealth.aspx.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Prevalence of Periodontitis in Adults in the United States: 2009 and 2010J DENT RES 0022034512457373. August 30, 2012. Available at: www.cdc.gov/oralhealth/.
- Office of the Surgeon General. Oral Health in America: A Report of the Surgeon General, 2000. Available at: www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/oralhealth.
- Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA), HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB). Oral Health and HIV. Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Fact Sheet. Available at: www.hrsa.gov/publichealth/clinical/oralhealth/hivfactsheet.pdf.
- HRSA, HAB. Oral Health and HIV. Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Fact Sheet. Available at: www.hrsa.gov/publichealth/clinical/oralhealth/hivfactsheet.pdf.
- National Research Council. Front Matter. Improving Access to Oral Health Care for Vulnerable and Underserved Populations. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2011. 1.
- Marcus M, Maida CA, Coulter ID, et al. A longitudinal analysis of unmet need for oral treatment in a national sample of medical HIV patients. Am J Public Health. Jan 2005;95(1):73–75.
- Heslin KC, Cunningham WE, Marcus M, et al. A comparison of unmet needs for dental and medical care among persons with HIV infection receiving care in the United States. J Public Health Dent. Winter 2011;61(1):14–21.
- Rajabiun S, Fox JE, McCluskey A, et al. Patient Perspectives on Improving Oral Health-Care Practices Among People Living with HIV/AIDS. Available at: www.publichealthreports.org/issueopen.cfm?articleID=2861.
- HRSA. Shortage Designation: Health Professional Shortage Areas & Medically Underserved Areas/Populations. Available at: www.hrsa.gov/shortage/.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Dentists. Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-13 Edition. Available at: www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/dentists.htm.
- Kaiser Family Foundation. Key Facts About the Uninsured Population. Available at: www.kff.org/uninsured/upload/061912slides.pdf.
- Public Broadcasting Systems. America’s Dental Crisis. Available at: www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/health-sciencetechnology/dollars-and-dentists/americas-dental-care-crisis/.
- Healthcare.gov. “Can I get dental coverage in the marketplace?”Available at: www.healthcare.gov/can-i-get-dentalcoverage-in-the-marketplace/.
- CDC. HIV Prevention Case Management: Literature Review and Current Practice. September 1997. Available at: www.cdc.gov/hiv/pubs/pcml/pcml-doc.htm.
- Rajabiun S, Bachman SS, Fox JE, Tobias C, and Bednarsh H. A typology of models for expanding access to oral health care for people living with HIV/AIDS. Journal of Public Health Dentistry, Summer 2011;71(3):212–219.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Training: Motivational Interviewing. Available at: www.samhsa.gov/co-occurring/topics/training/motivational.aspx.