Grantees and Providers
Ryan White grantees are asked to take the long view while staying on top of the day-to-day details of running a modern health service. Planning bodies must understand the trends of HIV in their states, regions, cities, and towns. Data managers support this process by making sure that their reports are accurate and complete, and program and fiscal managers make sure that their programs are serving their communities within the parameters of complex legislation and requirements.
HRSA's commitment to grantees to to make expectations as clear as possible, and to provide tools and support to meet them. This website catalogs resources developed by HRSA, technical assistance (TA) providers, contractors, and grantees. Please use them freely, reach out to your project officer and other TA providers, and, importantly, share your own tools with your peers across the country.
Topics for grantees and providers
- Are you new to the Ryan White Program? This online module provides a brief overview for new Grantees and Providers.
- Program and Fiscal Management - tools for evaluation, fiscal management, capacity building, program monitoring, management, and more.
- Program Parts - are you A, B, C, D, F or all of the above? These pages bring together information targeted to the Ryan White program part(s) that support your work.
- Data and Reporting - whether you are new to this field or an old pro, there are people and resources prepared to help you meet HRSA's reporting requiements.
- Planning - these resources cover all aspects of Ryan White program planning and coordination, from a local level, to statewide.
- Quality Management - HRSA's standards and tools and resources to measure and improve performance.
Guidelines and Manuals
U.S. Department of Health and Human ServicesApril 2015
Federal guidelines for treatment of HIV/AIDS and related conditions and for prevention-related topics such as perinatal transmission, workplace exposures, non-occupational exposures, routine HIV testing, and others.
HRSA HIV/AIDS BureauFebruary 2015
Manual for Part B Program Directors, staff and others, to serve as an orientation guide, reference document on legislative and program requirements and a tool in managing fiscal and program components.
HRSA HIV/AIDS BureauJuly 2014
Explanation of reporting requirements, definitions of required data, and instructions about how to report in the RSR.
HRSA HIV/AIDS BureauNovember 2013Performance measures to help Ryan White HIV/AIDS programs monitor and improve the quality of care they deliver.
HRSA HIV/AIDS BureauJune 2013
Manual for Ryan White Part A grantees and planning bodies on administration of their programs.
HRSA HIV/AIDS BureauDecember 2012
AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) legislative and program requirements, contract management, management strategies
Webinars and Training
Data and Reporting TA TeamSeptember 2014
This series of brief videos covers many of the fundamental concepts behind the Ryan White Services Report (RSR) for new and experienced grantees.
HRSA HIV/AIDS BureauApril 2015This project traces the history of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program, the largest federal program focused on HIV/AIDS care, featuring a timeline, the legislation, video and audio insights and more.